Two women are accused of shoplifting cookware in Oklahoma City
Two women were arrested after a Macy's manager said they tried to steal $1,220 worth of cooking merchandise, Oklahoma City police reported.
Two women were arrested after a Macy's manager reported they tried to leave the store with $1,220 in merchandise, Oklahoma City police said.
Lashell Ruth Sampson, 21, was arrested Tuesday on a larceny of merchandise complaint. Diamond Star Dixon, 22, was arrested on complaints of larceny of merchandise and grand larceny.
The Macy's manager told police he saw Sampson and Dixon take a 12-piece cookware set, a KitchenAid mixer worth $600 and a Calphalon pot worth $500, according to the report.
Police found the Calphalon pot in Dixon's car, and she told them, “It's not ours. I don't know where it came from,” according to the report.
Both were taken to the Oklahoma County jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive