Two years later, families look back on girls' slayings near Weleetka
It's been two years since Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and her friend, Skyla Jade Whitaker, 11, were found shot to death on a rural road not far from Weleetka. The investigation is ongoing, but no arrests have been made.
WELEETKA — Vicki Placker is convinced someone in the area knows something about the killings of her daughter and her best friend two years ago."Have a heart,” Placker asks that person. "Be a man, or a woman, and help us solve this case so our babies can rest.”
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit