U.S. government releases once-secret Watergate files
WASHINGTON — The government on Friday released more than 850 pages of once-secret documents from the Watergate political scandal, providing new insights on privileged legal conversations and prison evaluations of some burglars in the case. A federal judge had decided earlier this month to unseal some material, but other records still remain off limits.
The files do not appear to provide any significant new revelations in the 40-year-old case that led to the resignation of President Richard Nixon and criminal prosecutions of many of his top...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion