Oklahoma congressional candidate won’t appear in plumbing company ads
After the Federal Election Commission failed to give him legal guidance, Oklahoma congressional candidate Markwayne Mullin said he would modify his ads to avoid public disclosure requirements.
WASHINGTON — Oklahoma congressional candidate Markwayne Mullin said Thursday he would not appear in new ads for his plumbing company in order to avoid federal rules governing election-related communication close to an election.
Mullin’s decision came after the Federal Election Commission divided along partisan lines and failed late Wednesday to give him legal guidance on whether his company ads are subject to public...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins