U.S. Justice Department investigates Chesapeake Energy Corp., Encana Corp., Reuters says
Chesapeake is facing more scrutiny after a report alleging the oil and natural gas company colluded with a competitor to fix prices in a 2010 Michigan land auction.
Chesapeake Energy Corp. is facing additional scrutiny after a report alleging the Oklahoma City-based oil and natural gas company colluded with a competitor to fix prices in a 2010 Michigan land auction. Reuters reported Monday that the U.S. Justice Department is investigating Chesapeake and Canada-based Encana Corp. The news service also reported authorities in Michigan are probing the allegations as well. Chesapeake declined to comment on the report.
Expanded Chesapeake coverage
Chesapeake coverage on NewsOK:
From staff reports
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims