U.S. Rep. James Lankford: President's misguided two-step energy plan
NewsOK Related Articles
The current policy of focusing on the “energy of the future” while punishing the energy of the present is hurting American jobs and our energy independence. Most of all, people who live paycheck to paycheck are hit hard by higher energy prices. Oklahomans have no issue with new energy resources. We have led the nation in wind and biofuel research. But, when an “energy proposal for the future” economically devastates our neighbors today, we have to speak out.
The president's two-step plan for energy seems to be perfectly illustrated by his Oklahoma speech in front of a stack of green empty oil pipe: (1) Green (2) Empty Oil Pipe.
Lankford, R-Oklahoma City, represents Oklahoma's 5th Congressional District.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers