U.S. Senate Democrats try to force vote on Oklahoma judicial nominee
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid seeks to break a Republican blockade and get a vote on Robert E. Bacharach, a federal magistrate judge in Oklahoma City, for a federal appeals court.
WASHINGTON — Senate Democrats set out Thursday to break a Republican blockade and force a vote on the Oklahoma magistrate nominated for a seat on a federal appeals court.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., made a procedural move Thursday afternoon that could force a vote on Robert E. Bacharach as early as Monday. Bacharach, a federal magistrate judge in...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90701Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63579Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 37826Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 34889Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12671Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12126Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive