UCO Faculty String Quartet to perform with Ryan Malone
EDMOND -- The University of Central Oklahoma School of Music’s Faculty String Quartet will perform with guest pianist Ryan Malone at 7:30 p.m., Nov. 6, at the UCO Jazz Lab, 100 E Fifth St. in Edmond.
The performance is a part of the School of Music’s Faculty Artist Concert Series, a yearlong performance series featuring the talents of Central music faculty members. All performances take place on Tuesdays at 7:30 p.m. at the Jazz Lab.
“Malone is an incredible pianist,” said Tess Remy-Schumacher, D.M.A., Central professor, cellist, and member of the Faculty String Quartet.
Malone is the music director for Herbert W. Armstrong College and Imperial Academy in Edmond and has performed with Remy-Schumacher and Hong Zhu, D.M.A., Faculty String Quartet violinist, prior to being invited as the guest artist for this performance.
“It is always nice to collaborate with Mr. Malone,” said Remy-Schumacher.
As a pianist, Malone was honored as one of seven national finalists in the 1997-98 collegiate piano competition for the Music Teachers National Association. He placed third in the Hellam Kerber Midwest Young Artists’ Competition in 1998 and received an honorable mention in the 1999 Wildeman International Piano Competition.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M