UCO gets $2M gift for Boathouse district
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — The University of Central Oklahoma has received a $2 million gift that will go toward construction of a boathouse on the Oklahoma River.
The University of Central Oklahoma has received a $2 million gift that will go toward construction of a boathouse on the Oklahoma River.
The boathouse will be used for the university's women's rowing team and will also include a live music venue, outdoor performance area and art gallery. The gift from MidFirst Bank also includes an additional $500,000 to endow a faculty chair and assist with the university's efforts to renovate the Old North building on campus.
UCO President Don Betz says the new Boathouse district will provide both a training location for athletes and a new arts and culture venue.
The university says the live music venue will be named for MidFirst Bank. Officials say the gift from MidFirst completes the university's fundraising initiative for the Boathouse project.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater