UM's Baker named Big Sky women's basketball MVP
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — University of Montana forward Katie Baker has been named the Big Sky Conference's most valuable player in women's basketball.
The university says the conference's 11 head coaches selected Baker Monday as MVP.
Baker led the Lady Griz to the conference regular-season championship.
The senior averaged 13.6 points and 7.3 rebounds per game. She also had 55 blocks, second in the conference.
Baker and teammate Kenzie De Boer were named to the All-Big Sky Conference's first team.
Montana State forward Rachel Semansky was named to the second team.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say