University of Oklahoma employees donate to Christmas Store in Norman
University of Oklahoma employees delivered toys and other gifts to the Cleveland County Christmas Store on Tuesday to help stock its shelves for low-income shoppers. Shopping begins Dec. 3.
NORMAN — University of Oklahoma employees delivered bags of toys and other gifts Tuesday to the Cleveland County Christmas Store as part of their annual “Fill the Trolley” campaign.
Employees donate the items, which are rounded up via a trolley and brought to the store to help stock shelves for low-income shoppers.
The Christmas Store at 641 E Robinson St. provides a shopping opportunity for families who qualify and agree to help set up the store as a means of earning their selection of gifts and food for the holidays.
The store will be open for shopping Dec. 3-6, with a children's shopping day set for Dec. 8.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims