University of Oklahoma to expand, renovate Hester Hall
The OU Board of Regents approved a plan Thursday that calls for $13.5 million in renovations and expansions to Hester Hall. University officials plan to fund the project with bond funds that have been set aside.
NORMAN — University of Oklahoma officials gained approval Thursday for a plan to renovate a campus building to make room for a growing
The OU Board of Regents approved a plan that calls for $13.5 million in renovations and expansions to Hester Hall.
University officials plan to fund the project with bond funds that have been set aside.
Hester Hall houses the newly established College of International Studies.
OU President David Boren
The college is one of the
In 2007, the university completed a renovation project at Hester Hall that included creating a space for the College of International Studies and reroofing the building.
The new project will include an addition on the building's west side that will become the college's front door.
The addition will include a two-story lobby, office space and a study area. A smaller, one-story addition will house offices, classrooms, a conference room and a seminar room.
Also during the meeting, the board approved the university's bid to hire Oklahoma City-based Flintco as construction manager for expansions to the L. Dale Mitchell Baseball Park and Softball Facility.
The project will include improvements to spectator seating and fan amenities at both the baseball and softball stadiums.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims