Copyright ©2010. The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
University of Oklahoma's Norman campus selected as Certified Healthy Campus
The Healthy Sooners program, a project between OU Student Affairs and Human Resources, is credited with making a significant impact in the health of OU's Norman campus community.
Some of the programs offered through Healthy Sooners include:
• A wellness incentive program called Well on Target, launched this year, offering personalized tools and resources to help all members, no matter their health or fitness level.
• A weight-loss program, open to all members of the OU community, that shows participants how to enjoy a full plate of food and still lose weight.
• Use of the university's Huston Huffman Recreational Center and Murray Case Sells Swim Complex.
• Discounted fitness center membership rates at select area fitness centers for OU Blue Cross members who join the Blue Cross Blue Shield fitness program.
• Departmental coed basketball games at Huston Huffman, open to all faculty, staff and retirees.
• Weight Watchers at Work programs.