The Healthy Sooners program, a project between OU Student Affairs and Human Resources, is credited with making a significant impact in the health of OU's Norman campus community.
Some of the programs offered through Healthy Sooners include:
• A wellness incentive program called Well on Target, launched this year, offering personalized tools and resources to help all members, no matter their health or fitness level.
• A weight-loss program, open to all members of the OU community, that shows participants how to enjoy a full plate of food and still lose weight.
• Use of the university's Huston Huffman Recreational Center and Murray Case Sells Swim Complex.
• Discounted fitness center membership rates at select area fitness centers for OU Blue Cross members who join the Blue Cross Blue Shield fitness program.
• Departmental coed basketball games at Huston Huffman, open to all faculty, staff and retirees.
• Weight Watchers at Work programs.