12:25 p.m. Tierney Tinnin, spokeswoman for the Oklahoma City Public Schools, said two eighth-graders came to school Thursday under the influence of some type of substance.
“They took some sort of drugs this morning together and came to school,” she said.
One of the male students was walking to class and passed out in the hallway shortly before 9:30 a.m. The other male student was found passed out in a classroom minutes later, Tinnin said.
She said paramedics soon arrived, and the students were alert when they left the school to be taken to the hospital.
School officials will investigate the incident and decide if disciplinary action against the students is necessary.
10 a.m. Two students at Webster Middle School were taken to the hospital Thursday morning due to an apparent drug overdose, school officials said.
An ambulance arrived at the school, 6708 S Santa Fe, and attended to two students who were reported to be unresponsive. The students took a combination of marijuana and the prescription drug Xanax, officials said.
Lara O'Leary, spokeswoman for the Emergency Medical Services Authority, said a 15-year-old student was taken to a hospital in good condition. Other details weren't immediately available. Check back with NewsOK for more.
If you owe under $729k you may qualify for 3.05% APR Govt Refi Plans.