UPDATE: 3,567 power outages reported in Oklahoma Thursday morning as high winds continue
Power outages are reported in Oklahoma with wind gusts near 40 mph and temperatures in the low-30s. High winds will last until Thursday afternoon.
Videoview all videos
Dec 20Power outages are reported in Oklahoma with wind gusts...
More than 1,800 customers are without power in the Oklahoma City area, the website shows.
High winds topping 40 mph are expected to weaken by afternoon.
The central Oklahoma area is under a wind advisory until 2 p.m., the National Weather Service reports.
Snow is back in the Christmas Day forecast in Oklahoma. There is a 20 percent chance for snow in Oklahoma City Monday night and a 30 percent chance for snow on Christmas Day Tuesday, the weather service reports.
The Oklahoma City forecast is as follows:
Thursday: Sunny with a high near 45. Windy with a northwest wind 27 to 32 mph decreasing to 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph.
Thursday night: Mostly clear with a low around 27. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable.
Friday: Sunny with a high near 58. South, southwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
Friday night: Mostly clear with a low around 31. South wind 9 to 11 mph.
Saturday: Sunny with a high near 58. South, southwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
Saturday night: Partly cloudy with a low around 36.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with a high near 53.
Sunday Night Partly cloudy with a low around 34.
Monday: Mostly sunny with a high near 49.
Monday night: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy with a low around 32.
Christmas Day: A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy with a high near 33.
Tuesday night: A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy with a low around 22. Windy.
Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of snow. Partly sunny with a high near 29.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater