UPDATE: Road crews busy in Oklahoma in heavy snow Tuesday morning
Road crews are working to clear streets in Oklahoma City Tuesday. Rain and snow is being reported around the Oklahoma City area.
10:45 a.m. Crews are treating slick spots on bridges and overpasses and plowing snow accumulations across the state, the Oklahoma Department of Transportation reports.
Videoview all videos
Feb 12Snow falls in the Oklahoma City metro area Tuesday, Feb. 12.
Feb 12Light to occasionally moderate snow will continue from...
Photoview all 66 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Much of the state is receiving snow, or a rain and snow mix. Heavy snow accumulation and slick and hazardous roads are being reported in western Oklahoma where crews are plowing snow and applying sand and salt to slick spots.
In Oklahoma City, street crews are focusing on bridges and overpasses, said spokeswoman Kristy Yager.
“We've had more snow than we expected. Right now we have slushy conditions on the streets so our crews are looking to treat any slick places,” Yager said.
Wet roads with a few slick spots are being reported in far northwestern Oklahoma and the Panhandle and mainly wet roads are being reported in central and north central parts of the state including the Oklahoma City Metro area.
Crews will continue to monitoring conditions throughout the day and sand and salt problem areas, as additional snow is expected throughout today, ODOT reports.
9:10 a.m. Police in Oklahoma City have reported a dozen wrecks on rainy streets Tuesday morning. A wreck in the 4200 block of SW 44 at 8:35 a.m. caused injury, police report. Check NewsOK.com for traffic updates.
7:50 a.m. A number of wrecks are being reported on wet streets in Oklahoma City Tuesday morning.
About a dozen wrecks have been reported, according to the city of Oklahoma City website and police radio reports.
Check NewsOK.com for traffic updates.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister