UPDATE: Carbon monoxide sickens south Oklahoma City workers
Workers at Compressor Systems Inc. complained of feeling sick from carbon monoxide, but recovered quickly after leaving the building.
11:05 a.m. About 7:40 a.m. firefighters responded to a report of carbon monoxide poisoning, Battalion Chief Dewey Schmidt said. Schmidt said Compressor Systems Inc. already had been evacuated. Five men who had been working inside a compressor testing area were affected by carbon monoxide buildup due to improper ventilation. All five men, who complained of dizziness, were fine after getting fresh air, Schmidt said. The problem was corrected and workers were able to return to work, he said.
8:30 a.m. A south Oklahoma City business was evacuated Friday morning due to carbon monoxide fumes, firefighters said.
Compressor Systems Inc., 5300 S Rockwell Ave., was evacuated about 8 a.m. because several workers complained of feeling sick, firefighters said. The workers felt better after getting fresh air.
No one was taken to a hospital.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law