10:07 a.m. People will be allowed back into the City Place building shortly, said fire Battalion Chief Chris Goodwin who is on the scene. He said a demolition crew at 135 Couch Drive using a backhoe struck an 8-inch gas line about 9:05 a.m. Friday. About 500 people had been evacuated when fumes from the natural gas could be smelled in the building.
9:45 a.m. A downtown Oklahoma City building is being evacuated after a natural gas line was hit by a work crew, according to fire radio reports.
City Place, a 33-story building at 204 N Robinson Ave., is being evacuated. The strongest odor of natural gas is on the third floor of the building, crews report.
Crews are blocking off the area at the street level.
Check back to NewsOK.com for more information.
Professor Discusses 1 Tip To Match 5 MegaMillion Winning Numbers.