UPDATE: Driver of pickup killed in crash with Chickasha school bus; no one on bus injured
Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers are on their way to the scene of a fatal wreck involving a school bus and a pickup in Grady County.
5 p.m. Lt. George Brown confirmed the driver of a pickup involved in a wreck with a Chickasha Public Schools bus had died. No one on the bus was reported injured. The crash happened shortly before 4 p.m.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
U.S. 62 is closed because of the accident.
4:15 p.m. At least one person is dead after a school bus collided with a pickup near U.S. 62 and State Highway 39 in Grady County, an Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokesman said about 4 p.m. Monday.
Lt. George Brown said troopers were on their way to the scene and little information about the wreck was available. He said the person who died was on the school bus, though he could not say whether it was an adult or a student. Brown said he is not sure what school district the bus belonged to. The intersection where the wreck occurred is about four miles east of Chickasha near Tabler.
Come back to NewsOK.com for more information.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit