UPDATE: Electricity restored in Kingfisher and Geary, Oklahoma Municipal Power Authority reports
More than 37,000 power outages were reported in northwest Oklahoma Tuesday morning, but repairs are being made. In central Oklahoma, more than 2,600 outages were reported Tuesday morning.
Videoview all videos
Feb 26Thousands of people are still without power, and roads in...
Feb 25A state of emergency was declared Monday for 56 Oklahoma...
Photoview all 18 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
11:05 a.m. Power remains out for more than 20,000 electric customers in Enid, the Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. website shows.
The Cimarron Electric Cooperative reports there is no timeline for when repairs will be made for its electric customers in northwest Oklahoma.
Cimarron Electric reports the main power line to the Hennessey, Dover, Twin Lakes, Cashion, and Reeding electric substations is down. As soon as the line is repaired, power should be restored to Dover, Crescent, Cashion, Guthrie, Piedmont and north Edmond areas that remain without power, Cimarron Electric reports.
5 a.m. ENID — High winds in Monday's winter blizzard downed power lines and caused a citywide outage Monday night, a police dispatcher said.
“Power is out just about everywhere,” the dispatcher said Tuesday morning.
More than 21,000 homes and businesses in Enid are without power, according to Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co.
In northwest Oklahoma, OG&E reports 33,286 power outages, including 21,101 in Enid.
Power is out to nearly every home and business Tuesday morning in Blaine County, a sheriff's dispatcher said.
The Monday blizzard knocked out power to Watonga, a Blaine County city of more than 4,600 people, the dispatcher said. A shelter has been set up at Watonga City Hall, the dispatcher said. Watonga is primarily served by Cimarron Electric Cooperative.
There also are more than 1,500 power outages reported in Woodward County, emergency management director Matt Lehenbauer said.
In central Oklahoma, Crescent had 1,664 power outages Tuesday. There are 2,824 reported outages in central Oklahoma.
Check back to NewsOK.com for weather-related updates.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister