UPDATE: High winds expected all day Monday with rain chances Monday night and Tuesday morning in central Oklahoma
High winds will shift directions Monday in central Oklahoma. There is a chance for rain Monday night and Tuesday morning. Temperatures will drop.
Gusty south winds will shift directions Monday and bring cooler temperatures and rain chances.
Winds will gust up to 30 mph Monday, the National Weather Service reports. Winds will shift from the south, southwest to the north, northwest by Monday evening. Rain chances will begin Monday night and continue through Tuesday morning.
The National Weather Service forecast Monday morning for Oklahoma City is as follows:
Monday: Partly sunny with a high near 75. South, southwest wind 17 to 22 mph becoming west northwest 8 to 13 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph.
Monday night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 7 p.m. Mostly cloudy with a low around 43. Light north wind increasing to 9 to 14 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tuesday A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7 a.m. Mostly sunny with a high near 66. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph.
Tuesday night: Mostly clear with a low around 35. East wind 5 to 8 mph.
Wednesday Mostly sunny with a high near 66. East southeast wind 5 to 11 mph.
Wednesday night Partly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 67.
Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.
Friday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57.
Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 60.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates