UPDATE: House fire is out in Bethany, Oklahoma Thursday

An ambulance was requested at a home in Bethany, Oklahoma Thursday morning. Two people are being checked for injuries after a house fire.
FROM STAFF REPORTS Modified: June 12, 2014 at 6:25 am •  Published: June 12, 2014
Advertisement
;

6 a.m. BETHANY — An oven overheated and caused smoke and a small fire at a home in Bethany Thursday. Crews have unplugged the oven, according to fire radio reports. The problem was apparently in an electrical malfunction. A man and woman were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. Check NewsOK.com

5:55 a.m. BETHANY — An ambulance crew is treating two older patients at a home where a fire was reported early Thursday, according to Bethany fire radio reports. The home is on NW 43 west of Rockwell Avenue. The fire is out. Lightning was reported in the area at the time of the fire, but a fire dispatcher did not know the cause. Check NewsOK.com for updates.

5:40 a.m. BETHANY — Two people are being checked for injuries at a home that caught fire early Thursday, according to fire radio reports.

A strong thunderstorm with lightning was reported in the area at the time of the fire. Crews have not reported a cause of the fire. The house is west of Rockwell Avenue on NW 43.

The home caught fire about 5:25 a.m. The fire is out, according to fire radio reports.

Check NewsOK.com for updates.