Moore schools locked down after nearby bank robbery
Four schools in Moore were on lockdown for about three hours after the IBC Bank was robbed.
MOORE — Four Moore schools were placed under lockdown Thursday while law officers searched for two bank robbers.
Oakridge, Briarwood and Plaza Towers elementary schools and Southmoore High School went into lockdown at 11:10 a.m. The lockdown remained in effect until midafternoon, Moore police Sgt. Jeremy Lewis said.
About 10:30 a.m., two black men, one wearing an orange hoodie, robbed the IBC Bank branch at 901 SW 19. The men had handguns, Lewis said.
The men split up upon leaving the bank, with one heading east and the other west, Lewis said.
Law officers searched an area near apartment complexes using a helicopter and found what was believed to be the robbers' car a block from the bank, Lewis said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21368Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17546Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12345Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9430Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9175Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9080Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8212Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense