3:15 p.m. The man firefighters rescued from his house Wednesday night is in critical condition at Integris Baptist Medical Center's burn unit.
Benny Rodden has second-degree burns on 22 percent of his body and is being treated for smoke inhalation, Integris spokeswoman Brooke Cayot said.
1:05 p.m. The house fire was caused by discarded smoking material on a couch in the front room, Oklahoma City fire Deputy Chief Marc Woodard said.
Damage to the $34,000 house is estimated at $15,000, Woodard said. The contents were a total loss and valued at $17,000, he said.
Woodard said he could not release the name of the man injured by the fire.
6:30 a.m. Oklahoma City firefighters fought a house fire Wednesday night, and a man who lives in the house was hospitalized.
The fire happened about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday at 3204 S Stultz, fire Deputy Chief Marc Woodard reports. The location is near SW 29 and S Independence Avenue.