Two arrested after burglary, pursuit in northwest Oklahoma City
Two men are accused of stealing two dirt bikes from a northwest Oklahoma City home. Police chased one until he crashed. The man was taken to the hospital and later to the Oklahoma County jail.
Two men were arrested Thursday after police responded to a burglary call and chased one suspect until he crashed in northwest Oklahoma City, police reported.
Gevaunte Marion Ervin, 19, and Garard Lure Garrett, 18, were arrested in connection with the burglary.
The call of a burglary in progress came about 7:05 a.m. from 8217 NW 6, police said.
Two dirt bikes were stolen from the property, and police caught up with the suspects riding the bikes at NW 10 and Davis, police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.
The suspects split up and an officer chased Ervin until he lost control of the dirt bike in the 9400 block of NW 10, Knight said.
Ervin was taken by ambulance to Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City in good condition, said Lara O'Leary, Emergency Medical Services Authority spokeswoman.
Police found Garrett in a condo near NW 8 and Davis, Knight said.
Ervin and Garrett both were taken to the Oklahoma County jail.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims