Man shot, pickup stolen in southwest Oklahoma City
A man was shot Wednesday night when a gunman tried to steal his pickup in southwest Oklahoma City.
A carjacker shot a man while taking his pickup in southwest Oklahoma City, police said.
Robert Louis Hussey, Jr., 76, was pulling up into his driveway about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of SW 40 when a man opened the driver's side door and told Hussey to get out, according to the police report.
Videoview all videos
Sep 20A man was shot and a pickup was stolen in southwest...
Hussey told police he tried to get out of the pickup when he heard a small caliber gunshot near his head and realized he was injured.
The gunman fled west on SW 40 in the pickup, police reported.
Hussey was taken to Integris Southwest Medical Center by ambulance and was treated for a laceration on his head caused by the gunshot, then released from the hospital, Integris spokeswoman Brooke Cayot said.
Police recovered Hussey's white Ford F-150 pickup in front of a vacant residence in the 2500 block of S McKinley Avenue, police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.
No arrests have been made as of Thursday afternoon, Knight said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates