UPDATE: Oklahoma City restaurant robbed, employee sexually assaulted, police say
Police said a man robbed a Subway store on South Western Avenue and sexually assaulted an employee Sunday morning.
Oklahoma City police are investigating a robbery of a Subway restaurant at 6010 S Western.
The robber walked into the restaurant about 10:20 a.m. Sunday and demanded money. He then sexually assaulted a female employee and then took the woman's car, police said.
About 11:20 a.m. at SW 40 and Brookline, police found the car after it crashed into a tree.
John Robert Murphy, 29, of Oklahoma City, was arrested on complaints of first-degree rape, forcible oral sodomy, larceny of a motor vehicle, robbery by force or fear, leaving the scene of an accident and driving without a license, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad