Officer is injured in fight with parent at middle school in Warr Acres
A parent and a Putnam City campus police officer got into a fight Friday morning at Capps Middle School in Warr Acres. The parent was pepper sprayed and arrested, and the officer was injured in a fall.
WARR ACRES — A parent was pepper sprayed and arrested after he fought with a Putnam City campus police officer Friday morning, a school district spokesman said.
Videoview all videos
Jan 18A police officer was injured at Capps Middle School.
Photoview all photos
Cody Howard, 33, was arrested on complaints of assault and battery on an officer, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct after he became belligerent while confronting the officer at Capps Middle School, 4020 N Grove Ave., spokesman Steve Lindley said.
The officer, Andrew Zamudio, was injured when he fell during the fight, Lindley said. He was taken to Deaconess Hospital, where he was treated for unspecified injuries and released, Lindley said.
Lindley said Howard had checked a student into the office about 8:25 a.m. and then left the building. Howard returned, confronted Zamudio and became belligerent, Lindley said. The physical fight took place outside the building, he said.
Howard was being held Friday at the Oklahoma County jail. Bail had not been set.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort