Three rollover crashes slow traffic Friday in Oklahoma City
Authorities say a rollover wreck with injury happened about 3:30 p.m. on Interstate 35 just north of SW 15. It was the third rollover wreck on an Oklahoma highway in as many hours.
State troopers responded to three rollover accidents in as many hours Friday afternoon on highways in Oklahoma City.
Troopers and Oklahoma City police responded to the first rollover accident about 1 p.m. in the Broadway Extension southbound lanes just north of Interstate 44.
The wreck involved a police unit and another vehicle, which turned over.
The driver of that vehicle suffered minor injuries, police reported.
The second rollover accident was reported about an hour later when a cement truck crashed in the southbound lanes of Interstate 44, south of Interstate 40. The crash caused the SW 15 off-ramps to be closed.
The third rollover occurred in the northbound lanes of Interstate 35, just north of SW 15.
Troopers reported it as an injury wreck.
No details about the second and third wrecks were available Friday evening.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes