UPDATE: Snow falling across central Oklahoma Friday
A band of snow is moving eastward across central and south central Oklahoma Friday. Snow is expected to continue until about 10:30 a.m. Friday
9:20 a.m. Snow is falling across central Oklahoma Friday. A band of snow is moving from southwest Oklahoma across the Oklahoma City area. Snow may continue to fall until about 10:30 a.m., a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Norman reports.
Videoview all videos
Dec 28Areas of light to moderate snow will likely result in a...
Photoview all 6 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Numerous wrecks on slickened streets are being reported in the Oklahoma City area with low visibility for drivers.
5:30 a.m. Central Oklahoma has a 40 percent chance for snow Friday.
The National Weather Service forecast also shows a chance for rain, sleet or possible snow Sunday night through Monday night.
There is a slight chance of rain or snow on New Year's Eve in Oklahoma City.
In parts of southeast and eastern Oklahoma Friday morning a freezing rain advisory was issued for Pushmataha, Choctaw, Cherokee, Adair, Sequoyah, Haskell, Latimer and Le Flore counties.
The Oklahoma City forecast is as follows:
Friday: A 40 percent chance of snow. Patchy fog or freezing fog before noon. Otherwise, cloudy then gradually becoming mostly sunny with a high near 30. North, northwest wind 10 to 14 mph with gusts as high as 20 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures