UPDATE: Temperature in Oklahoma City dropping after rain, hail and sleet hit central Oklahoma Thursday morning
Heavy rain, snow, sleet and hail hit Oklahoma Thursday. Winter weather expected during the morning commute in Oklahoma City.
11:30 a.m. Paramedics responded to 15 car crashes from midnight to 11 a.m. Thursday, a spokeswoman for the Emergency Medical Services Authority reports. Two people were taken to emergency rooms, Lara O'Leary said.
Videoview all videos
Feb 21Oklahoma City and Edmond public schools have closed for...
Feb 20Widespread precipitation is expected today through...
Photoview all 34 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Eight people in the metro area called 911 after slipping and falling. It was unclear if snow and ice played a role, O'Leary said. Four of the people were taken to emergency rooms.
8:45 a.m. The temperature has dropped to 32 degrees in Oklahoma City Thursday morning. Oklahoma City and central Oklahoma remain under a winter weather advisory until noon, the National Weather Service reports. Check NewsOK.com for weather updates.
6:45 a.m. A Tulsa TV station reports lightning has knocked out power to Bartlesville. In Woodward, 8 inches of snow has been reported. Northern and eastern parts of Oklahoma remain under a winter storm warning until noon. Check back to NewsOK.com for weather updates.
5:50 a.m. Snow, heavy rain, sleet and hail hit Oklahoma City Thursday morning, and a winter weather advisory remains in effect for much of Oklahoma until noon Thursday, the National Weather Service reports.
Precipitation is expected to continue between 6 a.m. and noon Thursday in Oklahoma City.
Temperatures continue to hover just above 32 degrees early Thursday in Oklahoma City with heavy rain and hail reported. Snow or sleet accumulation up to 2 inches is possible in parts of central Oklahoma before noon.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims