UPDATE: Tractor-trailer blocking lanes on I-35 in south Oklahoma City reported as travel discouraged on Oklahoma roadways
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation warns of dangerous highways and roads Wednesday. Southern Oklahoma travel is discouraged.
Videoview all videos
Dec 26Temperatures will struggle to make it above freezing this...
Dec 25Gusty north winds overnight will result in wind chill...
Dec 25Snow falls across downtown, Midtown and Bricktown in...
Photoview all 8 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Crews will continue to monitor conditions through the morning as freezing conditions are expected to continue. Drivers are asked to be cautious, and highway travel is strongly discouraged. Travelers are urged to check with other states, especially Texas and Arkansas, before driving out-of-state, ODOT reports.
During snow and/or ice conditions, motorists are asked to:
· Check road conditions before getting out on the roads.
· Stay at least 200 feet behind road-clearing equipment; crews need room to maneuver and can engage plowing or spreading materials without notice.
· Allow extra space between vehicles, so there is adequate distance for braking in wet and icy conditions.
· Be aware of "black ice," which looks wet on the roadway, but is actually a thin layer of ice.
· Please be patient, plan trips ahead and allow extra time to reach destinations.
An advisory will be sent from this office as conditions change.
To check CURRENT ROAD CONDITIONS, call the Department of Public Safety's ROAD CONDITIONS HOTLINE at 888-425-2385.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister