Crews will continue to monitor conditions through the morning as freezing conditions are expected to continue. Drivers are asked to be cautious, and highway travel is strongly discouraged. Travelers are urged to check with other states, especially Texas and Arkansas, before driving out-of-state, ODOT reports.
During snow and/or ice conditions, motorists are asked to:
· Check road conditions before getting out on the roads.
· Stay at least 200 feet behind road-clearing equipment; crews need room to maneuver and can engage plowing or spreading materials without notice.
· Allow extra space between vehicles, so there is adequate distance for braking in wet and icy conditions.
· Be aware of "black ice," which looks wet on the roadway, but is actually a thin layer of ice.
· Please be patient, plan trips ahead and allow extra time to reach destinations.
An advisory will be sent from this office as conditions change.
To check CURRENT ROAD CONDITIONS, call the Department of Public Safety's ROAD CONDITIONS HOTLINE at 888-425-2385.