Update: Turner Turnpike westbound lanes reopened after tractor-trailer crash
A tractor-trailer has crashed on the Turner Turnpike, blocking eastbound and westbound lanes Tuesday afternoon. Troopers are working to clear the wreck.
2:25 p.m. The westbound lanes of the Turner Turnpike are now open, the patrol reports. The inside eastbound lane remains closed at mile marker 142.
12:50 p.m. Troopers are trying to drag a trailer loaded with 26,000 pounds of meat off the Turner Turnpike, trooper Betsy Randolph said.
Randolph said she does not know how the accident occurred but does know that two semi-tractor trailers were involved. No injuries have been reported.
Troopers report that the road will be intermittently closed for at least 45 minutes so they can clear the roadway, she said.
12:05 p.m. Parts of the Turner Turnpike are shut down Tuesday because of a tractor-trailer wreck, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports.
The tractor-trailer hit a retaining wall at mile marker 142 in northeast Oklahoma County about 11:30 a.m., the patrol reports.
Eastbound and westbound lanes are shut down.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?