UPDATE: At least three dead in Oklahoma accidents Monday
Two people died in Oklahoma City wrecks and a woman died in Pittsburg County, authorities report. A fatality accident was reported Monday afternoon in Norman.
At least three people died in Monday accidents on Oklahoma roads, authorities reported. A fatality accident occurred Monday afternoon in Norman, but no details were immediately released.
Another person died Saturday from injuries suffered in an accident Friday, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Sara Basquez, 24, McAlester
About 7:55 a.m. Monday, she was driving east on a county road when she failed to yield at a stop sign at U.S. 69 and Frink Chambers Road in McAlester. Her car was struck by another car, and she died at the scene, troopers said.
Sophia Brock, 20 months
Sophia died of injuries suffered about 7:30 a.m. Monday in south Oklahoma City, police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.
The wreck was on S Western Avenue just south of Interstate 40. Brock's mother, Maria Castro, 20, was taken to OU Medical Center and has been discharged, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Renan Alfon Castellanos-Fortin, 33
Castellanos-Fortin died of injuries suffered when a pickup backed over him about 8:40 a.m. Monday in the parking lot at Burns Paving, 105 NE 44, Knight said.
Stewart G. Holmes, 58, Wister
About 7:20 p.m. Friday, Holmes, who was not wearing a seat belt, was westbound on U.S. 271 in Pushmataha County, troopers said.
The car went off the road and struck a tree. He died Saturday in a nearby hospital.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims