Frankie Leon said her son is devastated.
Friends have set up a fund in his name at Bank of Oklahoma to help with funeral expenses for the children.
Family members have found it hard to comprehend that the children are all gone, she said.
“Natalie was 8. She was the stubborn one,” Frankie Leon said. “Sammy was age 7. She was the coy sweetheart. Matty was age 5, and he was your average typical boy. Kara was age 3.
“They liked to ride the quads with their dad. They loved to get muddy. They liked to do crafts. They liked to do everything. They were active young children.”
There were no working smoke detectors in the home, fire officials said. A fire spokeswoman said the house had not had gas service for some time, and numerous space heaters were being used.
Frankie Leon said she and her son spent two nights at the house earlier this week with Jeanine Bonnet, Brian Poletto and the children. They used space heaters in the bedrooms to keep the chill off during the cold of the night, she said.
A family friend, who did not want to be named, was cleaning up at the house Wednesday afternoon and said the family had been living there only a few months. They took over the lease because they wanted a bigger house with more room for the children, he said.
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.