H: ° L: °,
UPDATE: Northwest winds are blowing into Panhandle and northwest Oklahoma
A wind advisory has been issued for western and central Oklahoma as cooler weather is sweeping in from the northwest. The weekend forecast shows temperatures in the 80s. But Friday night there is a chance for storms and high winds.
7:15 a.m. Gusty, northwest winds are sweeping into the Oklahoma Panhandle Friday morning, the National Weather Service reports. A cold front is pushing its way south as western parts of Oklahoma are under a wind advisory from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Central Oklahoma is under a wind advisory from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Wind gusts could be as high as 48 mph, the weather service reports. Cooler weather is ahead.
Videoview all videos
Sep 7Windy, gusty and hot is the theme for Friday, but cooler...
Photoview all photos
5:40 a.m. A wind advisory has been issued for central and western Oklahoma Friday, the National Weather Service reports.
High winds are expected from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Friday. Gusts could be up to 48 mph as north winds bring cooler weather to the state. People driving in lightweight vehicles or working or playing outdoors should be cautious, the weather service advises.
Temperatures will be near 99 degrees Friday in central Oklahoma, and cooler weather is ahead for the weekend.
Friday night there is a chance for thunderstorms.
The high temperature Saturday will be near 83 degrees in Oklahoma City, the National Weather Service reports.
The Oklahoma City forecast is as follows:
Friday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m. Partly sunny and hot with a high near 99. South wind 9 to 14 mph becoming northwest 16 to 21 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 29 mph.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 33223Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15512Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9978Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9860Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9472Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8063Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8003Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister