11:05 a.m. A winter weather advisory is in effect for western, central and eastern Oklahoma, the National Weather Service reports.
There is a chance for freezing drizzle until 6 p.m. Tuesday. Thin layers of ice could develop on elevated surfaces and roadways, the weather service reports. Untreated walkways and parking lots will also be slick and hazardous.
Check NewsOk.com for weather updates.
5 a.m. There is a chance for snow Monday night in central Oklahoma, the National Weather Service reports.
Temperatures will only reach a high of 24 degrees Monday. There is a slight chance of light snow before noon and a 60 percent chance of 1 to 2 inches of snow before midnight, the weather service reports. Check NewsOK.com for weather updates.
The Oklahoma City forecast is as follows:
- Monday: A 20 percent chance of light snow, mainly between 9 a.m. and noon. Cloudy with a high near 24. North, northeast wind 14 to 16 mph with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Monday night: Snow likely mainly before midnight. Cloudy with a low around 17. North, northeast wind 10 to 14 mp, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy with a high near 29. North northeast wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday night: Partly cloudy with a low around 21. East, northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny with a high near 44. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Wednesday night: Partly cloudy with a low around 29.
- Thursday: Sunny with a high near 53.
- Thursday night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Friday: Sunny with a high near 56.
- Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
- Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
- Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 66.