UPDATE: Woman critically injured in crash in Midwest City
A woman crashed a car at a high rate of speed in Midwest City. Power was knocked out to eastern parts of Midwest City due to the crash.
10:15 a.m. A 25-year-old woman was critically injured in a Midwest City crash, police report. About 1:30 a.m. the woman was driving at a high rate of speed north on Westminster Road when she went through the intersection at SE 29, police Assistant Chief Sid Porter said. The car left the roadway and struck two utility poles and overturned. She was ejected and pinned under the car. A helicopter took her to OU Medical Center. Police are investigating why she was driving so fast, but officers are not able to talk to her, Porter said.
Power was knocked out to parts of east Midwest City. Oklahoma Gas & Electric Co. crews are working to restore power Thursday morning, Porter said.
7 a.m. MIDWEST CITY – A crash has been reported at SE 29 and Westminster Road.
A car hit a utility pole and caused a small power outage and fire.
A person was ejected from the vehicle.
The area is closed to traffic.
Check back to NewsOK.com for more information.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 82753Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 43754Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33000Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23187Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 22920Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8406Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8041Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman