UPDATE: Woman shot in interrupted burglary has died, Oklahoma City police say
Lorinda Frans, 51, who was shot Friday night after she and her boyfriend interrupted an auto burglary in the 1600 block of NW 15, has died, Oklahoma City police said. The woman's name wasn't released Saturday.
A woman who was shot Friday night in northwest Oklahoma City after she and her boyfriend interrupted an auto burglary has died, police said Saturday.
Lorinda Frans, 51, and her boyfriend were walking about 9 p.m. in the 1600 block of NW 15 when they interrupted two men trying to break into a vehicle. One of the men shot at them and hit the woman, police said.
The woman was taken to OU Medical Center, where she died Saturday, police said.
The two burglars who ran from the scene were white men. One of them was bald, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates