US Attorney plans NY summit on prescription drugs
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — The issue of prescription drug abuse will be front and center at a daylong conference in western New York.
Law enforcement officials, as well as medical and education professionals are set to participate in the summit in Rochester on Friday. It's being sponsored by the U.S. Attorney's office in western New York, the University of Rochester Medical Center and others.
A similar summit held last year drew 500 people.
Experts say that while it's widely known that young people often abuse prescription drugs, there are also concerns that abuse is rising among the elderly.
The summit takes place at the University of Rochester Alumni and Advancement Center.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort