US futures down as G20 meet in Russia
NEW YORK (AP) — Futures are falling as the Group of 20 gathers in Moscow, where currency exchange policy, particularly in Japan, will likely dominate discussions.
Dow Jones industrial futures are down 12 points to 13,938. The broader S&P futures have lost 1.6 points to 1,516.90. Nasdaq futures are down 1.75 points to 2,765.50.
Japan has been forcing the value of the yen lower, which is advantageous for trade. That is likely to continue after it reported Thursday that its economy shrank for the third consecutive quarter.
Earlier this week, the yen fell to a 21-month low against the dollar and a near three-year low against the euro.
On Friday, the Federal Reserve releases industrial production numbers for January and economists expect a down month for automakers likely diminished factory output.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction