Utah avalanche survivor recounts experience
SALT LAKE CITY — A 43-year-old Utah woman who survived an avalanche says she felt a “strange serenity” while trapped under the snow before she fell unconscious.
Elisabeth Malloy suffered frost bite in her toes and fingers, but lived to tell her harrowing story thanks to her boyfriend, avalanche rescue beacons, a skier who wandered by and avalanche...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers