Utah Jazz stand pat, get ready for big offseason
How much more could he earn on the open market?
A bigger question for the Jazz is whether his backup, 20-year-old Enes Kanter, is ready to fill his shoes.
Jefferson, 28, leads the Jazz in scoring (17.7 points) and rebounding (9.4).
Kanter is averaging 6.3 points and 4.1 rebounds in 14 minutes.
Lindsey said the team didn't really have that many "tough" trade decisions.
This summer may be a different story.
Utah has only $25 million committed toward salaries next season. That includes a team option on seldom-used rookie Kevin Murphy and a $7.5 million player option for small forward Marvin Williams.
Point guard Mo Williams, out since late December with a thumb injury, can take a deep breath for now. But he also is a free agent after the season.
Corbin said earlier this week that he loves every player with the team, calling them "Utah Jazz kind of players."
Utah has won three straight and 12 of its last 17 to pull within percentage points of sixth place in the Western Conference playoff race behind Golden State.
The Jazz held it together despite being without Mo Williams for nearly two months. Playmaker Gordon Hayward only returned Tuesday after missing 10 games with a sprained right shoulder.
Guard Randy Foye, who has helped Utah with his 3-point shooting, said the team believes it can reach the No. 4 spot in the West and gain home-court advantage in the playoffs.
Lindsey can only hope.
"We have a strong group, with chemistry that's getting stronger," Lindsey said. "We've got to take it to another level competitively."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims