Utah women defeat Arizona 66-48 in Pac-12 tourney
SEATTLE (AP) — Michelle Plouffe had 24 points and nine rebounds to help Utah beat Arizona 66-48 in the first round of the Pac-12 women's tournament on Thursday.
Plouffe had five 3-pointers for the sixth-seeded Utes (18-12), who will meet No. 14 UCLA, the third seed, in the tournament quarterfinals on Friday.
Taryn Wicijowski scored 14 points and Iwalani Rodrigues finished with 10 points for Utah. The Utes, who committed just five turnovers on Thursday, have won eight of their last 11 games.
Davellyn White scored 23 points — 17 in the first half — and also had eight rebounds and six assists to lead the Wildcats (12-18). Arizona, the 11th seed, lost its last five games but did win both games against Utah in the Pac-12 regular season.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
COLLEGE BASKETBALL VIDEOS
- 35920Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15377Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9806Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 9680Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7926Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7748Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister