UTSA trounces Georgia State 38-14
ATLANTA (AP) — Evans Okotcha ran for three touchdowns and Eric Soza passed for two scores as UTSA stayed unbeaten with a 38-14 rout of winless Georgia State Saturday.
The second-year Roadrunners (3-0) dropped Georgia State to 0-3 by scoring five unanswered touchdowns after the Panthers took an early 7-3 lead. It came on Ben McLane's 84-yard scoring pass to Albert Wilson on Georgia State's third play from scrimmage — the longest play in the program's three-year history.
But Georgia State didn't score again until the fourth quarter. By then, Okotcha had run for three touchdowns, the first a 3-yarder to give the Roadrunners the lead for good. He also scored twice on 1-yard runs. Soza was 17 of 24 for 206 yards.
Georgia State finally scored again late in the fourth quarter. Wilson caught a 25-yard touchdown pass from backup quarterback Ronnie Bell.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges