UW center named to Rimington Trophy watch list
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) — Wyoming senior Nick Carlson has been placed on the watch list for the Rimington Trophy.
The Rimington Trophy is awarded each year to the most outstanding center in college football.
It is the second consecutive season that Carlson has made the watch list. There are 50 other centers around the nation named to this season's list by the National Collegiate Football Awards Association.
The winner will be determined by the center who receives the most votes in balloting for four All-America teams at the conclusion of the 2012 season.
Carlson earned second team All-Mountain West honors as a junior in 2011.
The senior from Arlington Heights, Ill., enters his final season at UW having started 33 of 34 career games, including the last 25 consecutive.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes