Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 30612Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15589Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10266Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9653Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9634Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8172Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8167Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7475Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6996Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6363UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Valentine's Day can touch many
By Heather Warlick
| Published: February 12, 2013
“If you really like Valentine's Day and it is an important ritual to you and your mate, go for it,” Doherty wrote.
“Do it up big as a special occasion ritual. I know a man who makes a Valentine's reservation months in advance for a favorite romantic restaurant.
“Another couple goes away for a weekend near Valentine's Day. When I hear these things, I feel a little envious of people who don't let the superficiality of the day get in their way,” Doherty wrote.
Victoria, Texas, psychologist Lane Johnson said Valentine's Day “becomes whatever we want to make of it.”
“For some, it's a special time. For others, it's just another day,” Johnson said.
Smith emphasized that her husband is thoughtful year-round, but his extra effort on Valentine's Day is treasured, and she also returns the favor.
“It sure makes all of us feel loved and appreciated,” Smith wrote. “I always get him a heart, too, because thoughtfulness and love like that shouldn't go unappreciated.”
MCT Information Services