Valley Brook police find infant, cocaine during bust
About $3,000 worth of cocaine and an infant were found when Valley Brook police arrested a couple believed to be en route to a strip bar to sell drugs.
VALLEY BROOK — About $3,000 worth of cocaine and an infant were found when police arrested a couple believed to be en route to a strip bar to sell drugs.
Virginia Hernandez, 33, and Pedro Morales, 52, were arrested Jan. 7 on complaints of illegally distributing controlled substances, trafficking illegal drugs, committing a felony in the presence of a minor, and maintaining a vehicle where controlled substances are kept, a police spokeswoman said.
Both are being held in the Oklahoma County jail with bail set at $42,000.
Officers were tipped off about a possible drug deal in the area on Jan. 7. Hernandez and Morales were arrested during a traffic stop about 7 p.m. An infant was present in the vehicle along with 43 grams of cocaine. In addition, more than 6 grams of the drug was found after investigators searched the vehicle and found some stashed in various compartments, the spokeswoman said.
Hernandez was allowed to call a family member to take custody of the infant.
Acting Police Chief Michael Stamp said the arrests are in conjunction with efforts to rid the area of drugs and drug dealers.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36528Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32802Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32453Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8406Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5462OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3890Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3494College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals