Van Gogh dazzles at Netherlands' Kroeller-Mueller
NewsOK Related Articles
Beginning in April, the “Land of Light” exhibition will show off the incredible range of color and energy in Van Gogh's late works. Much of the collection from both periods will remain on display throughout the year, including later masterworks such as his 1888 “Terrace of a Cafe at Night.” Also remaining on display are a series of excellent portraits, including a famous 1887 self-portrait, and others such as the 1889 “Portrait of Joseph Roulin.”
Although the Kroeller-Mueller Museum has decided to more actively promote its Van Gogh works, its collection ranges well beyond that with important paintings by Georges Seurat, Pablo Picasso, Fernand Leger, Piet Mondrian, Paul Gauguin, Giorgio de Chirico and dozens of others. It also features one of Europe's best sculpture gardens, with works by Auguste Rodin, Henry Moore, Niki de Saint Phalle and many more.
The museum is located in Otterlo, Netherlands, not far from the German border.
For the more adventurous, one of the museum's special attractions is the option to begin a visit at one of three park entrances rather than the museum itself. It's easy to borrow one of hundreds of free bicycles and cycle several miles on well-marked paths through the park's gentle dunes and pine trees to the museum.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 31709Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22246Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7126OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6322Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5037OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4484Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3553Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater