VCU nets $20 million to date for modern art museum
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Virginia Commonwealth University is well on its way to raising the money needed to begin work on a $32 million art museum.
The university announced this week it has raised $20 million for the Institute for Contemporary Art.
The three-story, 38,000-square-foot museum will be built on VCU's urban campus in Richmond. The center will be an art exhibition and performance venue. It will also offer flexible spaces for the presentation of visual art, theater, music, dance and film by nationally and internationally recognized artists.
The goal is to open the museum in 2015.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 12576OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6843Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6546Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5838Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4955Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4777Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers